In order to apply, the individual or family must:
- live in Davidson County, TN.
- have a lease or mortgage in his or her name.
- have experienced an unexpected financial hardship that created the inability to pay the rent/mortgage and must be able to document the hardship.
- be able to document that some form of regular income is coming into the home that will cover your monthly bills. This could be any of the following: wages, social security income, disability income, child support, Families First, unemployment income, pension, or retirement income.
- demonstrate that the assistance will clear their current balance to zero.
Applicants are eligible once in a 12 month period, though assistance is not guaranteed in any case.
The landlord, rental, or mortgage company will be contacted to verify your balance.
Individuals and families must provide proof of income for anyone who is working in the household. That includes any type of governmental assistance and cash payments for services provided. If not working, the applicant must demonstrate the ability to sustain himself or herself or his or her family the following month.
Rental deposit grants are available for residents moving into income-based housing from homelessness or market rent properties.